Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thirsty Thursday: 2005 Firesteed Pinot Noir

Ok, so first a disclaimer. I know I said I would do this as a regular feature. And I really did mean it. However, the last time we met in this space to talk wine, there was a rather unfortunate incident. See, I was typing away, minding my own business, tasting some nice (if young, as you'll remember) French wine, when the unthinkable happened. I managed, heroically, to spill a small quantity of wine on my keyboard. The trusted iBook is luckily none the worse for ware (after a quick keyboard replacement to the tune of $130), but I was still a little gun shy about keeping wine near my pride and joy. However, tonight I decided to throw caution to the wind and enjoy some fine Oregon Pinot Noir. I also decided I should drink it away from the computer. How very low-fi.

And now, on to the tasting notes!

Bright, ruby color in the glass is met with strawberries and cherries on the nose, accompanied by some faint earth tones. Lovely fruit on the forward palate is concentrated with very low acidity. Hard cheese taste on the long, lingering finish which completes the very balanced nature of the wine.

My rating: 91. Purchased at Downtown Wine and Spirits, Davis Square, Somerville, $17.

No comments:

Recent Listenings By The Pink Polo