Sunday, February 25, 2007

No, You're Right, Of COURSE Strom Thurmond's Family Owned Al Sharpton's Ancestors As Slaves. This Makes Perfect Sense.

If this is a joke, it is the funniest joke I have ever heard. If it's not, and it is in fact true, then it is the funniest thing I have ever heard, period. I've linked the article, but here is the crux of it:

Strom Thurmond's Great-Great Grandfather owned slaves, much as the younger Thurmond (which, I'm sure the late, great racist gentleman from South Carolina has not been called in a VERY long time) would have liked to do in his own life. One of those slaves was a man named Coleman Sharpton. And yes, you guessed it, Coleman Sharpton is a direct ancestor of the one, the only, Rev. Al Sharpton.

I mean, can you conceive of a more hilarious circumstance than this? I'm thinking about writing a sitcom about it, for christ's sake.

No comments:

Recent Listenings By The Pink Polo