Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thirsty Thursday: 2002 Eos "The French Connection" (Proprietary Blend), Paso Robles, California

I'm sorry I've been a blog delinquent lately. I've been busy trying to graduate from college. I'm in the midst of writing a 20-page paper, my very last assignment before getting a diploma, on the merits of regional integration in West Africa. With 9 pages already written, I'm settling down to watch Daisuke pitch at home and thought I'd pass on another wine review.

I actually picked this wine up last weekend, celebrating the completion of my two toughest exams of the semester. Okay, to be fair, only one of them was tough. But I still wanted to celebrate, and what I found with Eos was a smooth wine with lots of body and rich flavors.

Here are the notes:

Blackberries dominate the nose and remain a main feature on the palate. The fruit forward palate is rather languid, even subdued, with a lot of smoothness in the mouth. The fruit notes of raspberries and ripe cherries are lovingly accented by a taste of cedar. The finish is mild and smooth again with mint an more cedar flavors rounding out this very balanced wine.

Overall: 89, Purchased at Cambridge Wine and Spirits, Fresh Pond, Cambridge, MA, $19.99

1 comment:

L P said...

I gather that Cambridge Wine and Spirits is located within drunken stumbling distance of your residence, no?

Recent Listenings By The Pink Polo